Nearly 235,000 solar panels, with help from the sun, are at work for Dominion Virginia Power customers now that the company has completed construction on three large-scale solar facilities in three Virginia counties – Isle of Wight, Louisa and Powhatan. At peak output, these facilities will produce 56 megawatts (MW) of emission-free generation, enough to power more than 14,000 homes.
- More than 550 jobs created during construction.
- $74.2 million cumulative economic impact from 2015-2017 for the state.
- Solar panel count:
- Powhatan – 71,820 panels (17MW)
- Isle of Wight – 79,572 panels (19MW)
- Louisa – 83,600 panels (20MW)